Carrying the Load with Team Samsung
I am excited to be a part of the carry the load family again this year. Once again I will grab my rucksack and walk alongside my fellow Vets and Team Samsung to raise funds and awareness for a great cause. Carry The Load is a non-profit dedicated to providing active, meaningful ways to honor and celebrate the sacrifices made by our nation’s heroes — military, law enforcement, firefighters and first responders!
This year I am doubling my efforts, I will be participating in 2 legs of the event. 4/29 I will be at West Point for the ceremonial kick of the 2019 event and participate in 5-10 miles of the first leg. 5/5 I will also join Team Samsung on the DC leg of Carry the Load to log another 15 miles. Last year I had the moving experience of walking GWB to ground zero. This year I will walk the monuments of DC and Arlington National Cemetery. Its my honor to take up my pack and carry the load for those who selflessly answer the call and carry the burden for all of us every day.
This year I am walking to raise awareness for the very real suicide crisis affecting our Heroes.
- An estimated 22 veterans commit suicide in the United States every day
- In 2018, at least 159 officers died by suicide, 9% more than the total number of line-of-duty deaths
- The suicide rate among correctional officers is significantly higher than other occupations and twice as high as police officers.
"First responders are heroes who run towards danger every day in order to save the lives of others. They are also human beings, and their work exerts a toll on their mental health,"
- Military Crisis Line – 800-273-8255, press 1 or live chat.
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline – 800-273-8255 or live chat.
- Marine Corps DSTRESS Line: 877-476-7734 or live chat.
- 22KILL.COM - 22Kill's mission is to create a community that raises awareness and combats suicide by empowering veterans, first responders, and their families through traditional and non-traditional therapies.
If you are up for the challenge grab your sneakers and come on out, it’s an experience that will change your life. If you are not up for walking please consider making a donation, even a small donation of $20 can make a difference.
My Personal Web Log
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.