About Carry The Load
The Founding Story
Founded by Veteran U.S. Navy SEALs, Clint Bruce and Stephen Holley, Carry The Load started as a mission to restore the true meaning of Memorial Day. Today, it has grown to include more than just our military heroes and more than just the one holiday. Carry The Load works to bring all Americans together to participate in honoring our nation’s heroes every day. See the full story in the videoDonate here to support our mission..
- 2011: Carry The Load began with a Dallas Memorial March at White Rock Lake in Dallas for 20-hours and 11-minutes with 400 participants and raising nearly $50,000 on Memorial Day
- 2012: Started the National Relay with an East Coast Route from West Point, NY to Dallas, TX covering 2,000 miles, 1 Rally and 13 states
- 2016: Added a West Coast Route from Seattle, WA to Dallas, TX for a total 6,600 miles, 33 Rallies and 18 states
- 2017: Introduced the Carry The Flag Education Program
- 2018: Started a strategic collaboration with the VA National Cemetery Administration; added National Cemeteries as Rally points for a total of 67 Rallies and 26 states
- 2019: Added a Midwest Route from Minneapolis, MN to Dallas, TX for a total 11,500 miles, 81 Rallies and 40 states
- 2020: Added a Mountain Route from Minot, ND to Dallas, TX before pivoting Memorial May to 15,500 virtual miles and theDallas Memorial Drive
- 2021: Celebrated A Decade of Honor, raised $2 million in peer-to-peer fundraising, covered 15,50 miles, 76 Rallies in 42 states
- 2022: Added a New England Route from Burlington, VT to Dallas, TX for a total 20,000 miles, 100 Rallies and 48 states
Carry The Load is made possible through support of our corporate partners. Click here to see the elite list of supporters.
To provide active ways to honor and remember our nation’s heroes by connecting Americans to the sacrifices made by our military, veterans, first responders and their families.
Our vision is for all Americans to participate in honoring the sacrifices made by our nation’s heroes.
To raise awareness of those who sacrifice for us daily by providing Americans an active way to remember, honor and celebrate them.
To raise funds to be distributed to non-profit partners who provide healing services for the mind, body and soul of our warriors.
To inspire patriotism in our youth by educating them about the American flag and the sacrifices made to honor it.
Below is the latest from our annual Impact Report. Have more questions about where our time and funds are allocated? Contact us.