About Carry The Load
Founded by Veteran U.S. Navy SEALs, Clint Bruce and Stephen Holley, Carry The Load started as a mission to restore the true meaning of Memorial Day. Today, it has grown to include more than just our military heroes and more than just the one holiday. Carry The Load works to bring all Americans together to participate in honoring our nation’s heroes every day. See the full story in the video.
- 2011 Carry The Load began with a Dallas Memorial March for 20-hours and 11-minutes on Memorial Day.
- 2012 Started the National Relay with an East Coast Route from West Point, NY to Dallas, TX covering 2,000 miles and 13 states in 27 days.
- 2016 Added a West Coast Route from Seattle, WA to Dallas, TX for a total of 6,600 miles.
- 2017 Established 50 City Rallies for a presence in 19 states.
- 2019 Added a Midwest Route from Minneapolis, MN to Dallas, TX for a total of 11,500 miles, 40 states, 60 City Rallies and 26 National Cemeteries; started National Day of Service and Remembrance for Patriot Day.
- 2020 Added a Mountain Route from Minot, ND to Dallas TX before pivoting to an all-virtual Memorial May and Dallas Memorial Drive; started hosting Carry It Anywhere events for Veterans Day.
- 2021 Carry The Load celebrates A Decade of Honor in 50 states and more than 29 countries.
Carry The Load is made possible through support of our corporate partners. Click here to see the elite list of supporters.
To provide an active way to honor and remember our nation’s heroes by connecting Americans to the sacrifices made by our military, veterans, first responders and their families.
Our vision is for all Americans to participate in honoring the sacrifices made by our nation’s heroes.
To raise awareness of those who sacrifice for us daily by providing Americans an active way to remember, honor and celebrate them.
To raise funds to be distributed to non-profit partners who provide healing services for the mind, body and soul of our warriors.
To inspire patriotism in our youth by educating them about the American flag and the sacrifices made to honor it.
Below is the latest from our annual Impact Report. Have more questions about where our time and funds are allocated? Contact us.