About Carry The Load
Founded by Veteran U.S. Navy SEALs, Clint Bruce and Stephen Holley, Carry The Load started as a mission to restore the true meaning of Memorial Day. Today, it has grown to include more than just our military heroes and more than just the one holiday. Carry The Load works to bring all Americans together to participate in honoring our nation’s heroes every day. See the full story in the video.
- 2011 Carry The Load began with a Dallas Memorial March for 20-hours and 11-minutes on Memorial Day with 400 particpants and raising nearly $50,000 on Memorial Day
- 2012 Started the National Relay with an East Coast Route from West Point, NY to Dallas, TX covering 2,000 miles and 13 states
- 2016 Added a West Coast Route from Seattle, WA to Dallas, TX for a total 6,600 miles and 18 states
- 2017 Expanded to 50 City Rallies for a total presence in 19 states; started Carry The Flag, a Carry The Load Education Program
- 2018 Walked through 6 National Cemeteries in strategic collaboration with the VA National Cemetery Administration; expanded Memorial May footprint to 26 states
- 2019 Added a Midwest Route from Minneapolis, MN to Dallas, TX for a total 11,500 miles, 40 states and 60 Rallies, including 26 National Cemeteries
- 2020 Added a Mountain Route from Minot, ND to Dallas, TX before pivoting Memorial May to 70+ Virtual Rallies and Dallas Memorial Drive
- 2021 Celebrated A Decade of Honor in 50 states and more than 29 countries
- 2022 Added a New England Route from Burlington, VT to Dallas, TX. The National Relay now covers a total 20,000+ miles across all lower 48 states in 32 days
Carry The Load is made possible through support of our corporate partners. Click here to see the elite list of supporters.
To provide active ways to honor and remember our nation’s heroes by connecting Americans to the sacrifices made by our military, veterans, first responders and their families.
Our vision is for all Americans to participate in honoring the sacrifices made by our nation’s heroes.
To raise awareness of those who sacrifice for us daily by providing Americans an active way to remember, honor and celebrate them.
To raise funds to be distributed to non-profit partners who provide healing services for the mind, body and soul of our warriors.
To inspire patriotism in our youth by educating them about the American flag and the sacrifices made to honor it.
Below is the latest from our annual Impact Report. Have more questions about where our time and funds are allocated? Contact us.